The first monthly meeting was held on August 1st. Here is a report on business conducted:
• The first BBQ fundraiser for the Financial Assistance Ministry will be August 18 and 19. Mary Ellen McQuire will take care of getting announcements into the bulletin, getting announcements from the priests and getting approval to set up a table in the Narthex. We will cook 30 shoulders and start pulling the pork on Saturday, Aug 18, at 2 pm in the church kitchen.
• Distribution of monies to Squires – tabled
• The Priest Appreciation Dinner will be held on Wednesday, Oct 3 at the University Club. Cost will be $25 pp in advance and $30 at the door. Price includes food, beverages, tax and tip. We will also have a cash bar for which there is a $50 set up fee. Council will pay for priests and the bar set up fee. We will have our Council meeting at 6 and then dinner at 7. A final count is needed by Sept 30.
• The State Golf Tournament will be held September 15 and 16 in High Point. Deadline for entry is August 21. If you’re interest, contact the Deputy Grand Knight or go to http://www.kofcnc.org.
• We are looking for someone to head up the Soccer Challenge for this year. It must be held before the end of September. Peter O’Grady said he would help but that he cannot lead the effort. It was suggested that we should reach out to David Peters.
• Oktoberfest is scheduled for Oct 26 in the Friends and Family Hall. Those interested in helping with the event should contact the Deputy Grand Knight.
• We are looking for members that would like to be a part of the Council First Degree team. It is no longer necessary for the team members to memorize their parts. If anyone is interested, please contact the Deputy Grand Knight.
• Matt and Gene would like to find a way for the Council to be more involved with the Hispanic community. It was suggested that we talk to Augustine Diaz as he is well respected in the community.
• Gene received a request from the STM school social committee. They would like the Knights to to a breakfast for the 8th grade graduates on May 30.
• Nomination for Knight of the Month – Jerry Pilarski (Joel C. for next month)
• Nomination for Family of the Month – Chris Clemens
• The website blogmaster has set up an activity survey on the Council website (https://kofc10910.com/programs/council-program-interest/). Matt and Gene are asking everyone to either respond to the email survey sent out previously or to take the online survey.
Report of the Fourth Degree
– The installation of officers dinner will be held on August 22 at the University Club. Cost is $25 per person. All third degree members are invited. Contact Joe Acciarito if you are going to attend.
– Exemplification will be on Oct 20 in Greensboro