Some are “born” into the Catholic Church, others seek to learn more about our religion and many convert. You will find many converts joining the Knights of Columbus.
Our religion is shared through the Catechism of he Catholic Church. We continue to learn about our faith and our Council’s Lecturer shares the teachings of the church to us at each meeting.
Symbols are also important to us. The cross, colors, palms, water, candles, and other objects are symbols of our faith and church. An example of a little known symbol is the pomegranate. It “is a symbol of the resurrection and the hope of eternal life. Because of its abundance of seeds, it can also symbolize royalty and the church, where the seeds represent the many believers who make up the one universal church.” Learn more
Our journey as a Knight includes expanding our knowledge of our church and catechism. Are you ready to take up the cross and learn more? We will link pages with other church teachings to this page.
- What Was Jesus Like?
- Video – The Catholic Mass
- Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- How well do you know the Catechism? — An on-line quiz.
- Catholic Home Study courses — A program of the Missouri Knights of Columbus
- Our Sunday Visitor — Weekly Catholic news, articles, blogs and on-line book study